21.16 oz approx. cold water
14.11 oz approx. buckwheat flour
10.58 oz approx. tumminia flour
10.58 oz approx. Type 1 Molino Grassi
0.88 oz yeast
1 teaspoon of honey
1 pinch of salt
100 g of warm water
17.64 oz approx. fresh cherrytomatoes
mixed black and green olives without core and little capers to pleasure
cold-pressed olive oil , salt and oregano to taste
- In a separate bowl, dissolve the yeast with 3.52 oz of warm water, 1 teaspoon of honey, 1 pinch of salt, a bit of cold-pressed olive oil.
- Let the honey work with the yeast, dissolve everything well and after 10 minutes of rest , move the dough into a larger bowl.
- Mix the dough well with the sifted flour, add the cold water and the cold-pressed olive oil in the larger bowl.
- Mix the dough well until it achieves a homogeneous texture.
- Let it rest and leave in the bowl in the cold oven for at least 2 hours until it doubles.
- After doubling , grease the 60 x 40 cm baking pan and distribute the mixture evenly over the entire surface and let it rise for an additional 5 hours in the oven.
- After this time (about 7 hours in total) make holes with your hands over the entire surface of the focaccia and salt the focaccia .
- Season with fresh, halved cherry tomatoes, mixed olives, small capers, oregano.
- Preheat the oven at 392 F. When it is hot enough, bake the focaccia for at least 30 minutes at 392 F.
- Serve hot . Enjoy !!